In spite of what the media is saying it is great to be an American and to live in America this holiday season! Everywhere I go I see good things happening and everyone I talk to tells me that they are doing better now financially than they have for many years:
- I see huge new retail, manufacturing and distribution centers being built and large tracts of timber land being cleared for more construction, and some of these are huge speculative developments.
- I have friends that own businesses who all tell me that their only problem now is having enough employees to handle the work that is available to them.
- Recently I noticed that an entire block of an older part of a neighboring town had been leveled to build new commercial businesses.
- In the area where I live two different older, but well-maintained homes were sold and then leveled so larger new homes could be built (and I live in a somewhat rural area of my county).
- I see “Help Wanted” and “Now Hiring” signs everywhere I go and on practically every commercial vehicle.
- Two different tracts of land in my county that had been zoned agricultural since the county started zoning in 1970 are being rezoned to residential, so new homes can be built on them.
- Tracts of land that were being developed for new homes and an apartment complex in my county were abandoned when the Clinton Administration caused the housing market and U.S. economy to collapse. They sat idle all these years but have now been reopened and are being developed.
- There is new commercial development on all four sides of the city that is five miles West of my home, and around the city that is nine miles North of my home.
As I see all the good things that are happening in America this holiday season, I find myself wondering how there could be so much hatred for America from the Left and the media?
Based on my observations of what I can clearly see versus what I hear, it looks like the vast majority of the media in America, broadcast, print and the internet, is “cheer leading” for the Left’s efforts to fulfill Obama’s dream of “fundamentally changing America”. Some of the media’s recent negative “reporting” (I use the term loosely here) was that:
- Working class Americans are having a harder time making ends meet now than in previous years.
- The job market in America is the worst it has been since 2010.
- Trump’s tax cuts were only helping the rich and corporations.
- In a published interview Laura Ingraham’s estranged brother said that she was “an angry monster”. Laura is a very successful Conservative writer and commentator. She is also a single mom with FOUR ADOPTED CHILDREN.
- Rich people do not give anyone jobs, poor people create jobs by spending every dollar they get, while the rich get richer.
- Many people on the Left, including in the media are still insisting that “Trump is a declared racist” because he publicly stated that he is a “Nationalist”. They refuse to acknowledge the definition of a “Nationalist”. Which means putting your country first! Being a declared “Nationalist” has absolutely nothing to do with being a racist. A “Nationalist” is a person who loves his country while a racist is a person who selectively hates!
As I thought about the good things that are happening in America, I made a conscious decision to focus on the holidays and do everything I can to make the holidays as positive as I can for everyone that I come in contact with. And to continue to do what I can to make people aware of how much opportunity there is in America now for people to achieve their dreams. That is why so many people from so many other countries want to come to America. We cannot let the “America haters” win!